Splish! Splash! I Was Taking a Bath!





Not that I don't have enough creative endeavors or endless hours of free time, but during the holiday break I started making handmade soap! I don't even know how I got here. Why did I even look up handmade soap? Maybe it started with my love of coffee. A coffee scrub possibly and then I fell down a rabbit hole of handmade soaps and scrubs. I have no earthly idea, but here I am. 


I made my first batch of soap this past weekend. I made coffee scrub soap, and oatmeal & honey soap. The soaps were made with goat's milk melt and pour soap base and cocoa butter soap base. I was so excited when it was time to pop my soap out of the molds and actually use it! Aren't they the cutest! I need more practice with my coffee stamp, but overall I am so happy with how they came out. I've knit spa clothes to go with the soap. Not wash clothes, but spa clothes because we are bougie like that! This first batch I'm sending to family and friends to try out for me. I've been using the honey and oatmeal and love it. The oatmeal exfoliates, and the cocoa butter makes my skin so soft. I love knowing exactly what is in the soap. I have so many ideas for cute little soaps and can't wait to share them! I'm making a batch of charcoal activated soap next! I'm still working on my Etsy shop and plan to add soaps to my knits. I really need more hours in the day! My day job is taking up way too much of my creative life! 


Comments