Everyday Magic

Woke up this morning to dark, gloomy skies and pouring rain. Reluctantly, I got up to let Titus out. He wasn’t trying to be out in the rain, so did his business quick! Once he was done I rushed back upstairs to burrow under the covers next to Fonzy. Snuggled together, listening to the rain fall we dozed for another hour or so. 

When we finally decided to get out of bed, I made us a late breakfast of french toast, home fries, eggs and bacon. Sipping on a steaming mug of strong coffee, I enjoyed the slow morning. After breakfast, Fonzy and I got settled under a blanket on the couch to watch a movie and of course I knit. Halfway through the movie I took a short nap. 

The rest of the afternoon was spent knitting and binging a series on Netflix. Dinner was a fondue platter - steak, asparagus, potatoes, sliced apples and a baguette. I thought it was yummy! Not sure Fonzy was impressed. 

The sun decided to make an appearance this evening. It’s freezing and the wind is howling, but we are warm and cozy inside. So far it’s been a Saturday filled with simple pleasures, of everyday magic. The kind of magic I’m reminded by my tattoo to seek.
 





Comments