Knitting Tattoo

So…I did a thing! I got a tattoo! It’s actually my 3rd one, but who’s counting! I’ve been wanting a knitting tattoo for a while. Knitting is not just a hobby to me, it was literally a lifesaver. Those that have been following me for a while know my oldest son Samuel was killed in 2009. He was 19. After his death, in my quiet moments my thoughts swirled around his death and I literally felt like I’d lose my mind! One day a small voice inside my head said knit. Now I hadn’t knit in over 25 years. My Mom taught me to knit when I was 13. I knit a tiny stuffed horse and never knit again. She died when I was 15 from cancer. I truly believe it was my Mom telling me to knit. She knew first hand the healing powers of knitting. When I’m knitting my mind isn’t agonizing over Samuel and how he was killed and I needed that so much.

I love my tattoo! The yarn ball and knitting needles represents the knitting that saved me. The orange of the yarn is the color of pumpkins and we all know how much I love pumpkin everything! The maple leaf is my love of Fall, and the saying “seek everyday magic ✨” is a reminder that in our ordinary, everyday lives there is magic. We just have to seek it. 

The last picture was taken right after my tattoo was done at the shop. I didn’t remember the pain of my other tattoos but this one, I will never forget! It hurt like HECK and this will be my last tattoo! 
























Comments