Cashmerette Roseclair Dress and Melanated Fabrics Collaboration











Hi Peeps! I’m so excited to share my new make, the Roseclair dress by Cashmerette Pattern, in collaboration with Melanted Fabrics by Mimi G and Brittany J.

In April I was contacted by Cashmerette Patterns asking if I would be interested in their new pattern release and collaboration with Mimi G’s fabric line Melanated Fabrics. Would I be interested? Oh my gosh! YES! I’m still a novice sewer (at least I think so) and was surprised Cashmerette contacted me, but to also be using Mimi G’s fabric, I couldn’t pass up such an awesome opportunity. Mimi G was such a huge inspiration to me when I started to sew. She actually taught me most of what I know in her Sew it Academy. If you want to learn to sew, I cannot recommend Mimi G enough! Her step by step tutorials take all the guesswork out of sewing. She is the sewing Queen! OK, OK...I’ll quit fangirling and get on to the dress! 


I have to admit, this was my first time using a Cashmerette pattern, my first time making a wrap dress and my first time using rayon! I LOVE this dress. You really can’t go wrong with a wrap dress, as they are so flattering on all figures. The pattern was fairly easy except I had a head scratching moment with the ties. It actually was pretty easy once I got help from Cashmerette Patterns. I just needed a little visual, and I was on my way. Ayelet and Jenny at Cashmerette was such a joy to work with. My first time with Cashmerette Patterns and I would highly recommend them! 


Now for the fabric. Funny thing is, a few days before I was contacted by Cashmerette I was browsing Melanated Fabrics, saw this orange fabric and fell in love! Their fabrics are gorgeous! It’s hard to choose just one. This being my first time using rayon, it wasn’t easy. Rayon is slippery and shifty! I’m so used to working with cotton or more structured fabric. I will definitely need more practice with rayon, because this won’t be my last time using it. The drape and flow of the fabric is too awesome. My dress, by no means is perfect, but you can best believe I will be wearing it with pride! 


YES! I made this dress! 


Pattern: Roseclair Wrap Dress by Cashmerette Patterns - gifted

Fabric: Melanated Fabrics by Mimi G - gifted

Comments

  1. That fit and the finish are perfect! You say you're a novice but now you have me interested in taking the sewing class.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment